Commercial LED lighting has many benefits that can transform your business in the right direction if you choose to go with it. This is because this type of lighting is proven safe, energy efficient, and cost-effective in the long run. Although LED bulbs are designed to last longer, most LED lights don’t burn out. They fade away.
If you’re looking for a way to improve the lighting at your commercial property, you may want to consider switching to LED outdoor lighting. Here are some reasons why.
What is Commercial Lighting?
Commercial lighting refers to using lights in any area of business or commerce. It includes both indoor and outdoor lighting, as well as decorative and holiday lighting. The primary goal is to provide sufficient light so that people can see while working, shopping, or doing other activities.
What is LED Lighting?
LED stands for light-emitting diode. It’s a semiconductor that emits light when electricity passes through it. A single LED bulb contains several diodes that are connected together in series, which means they all have to work together for the bulb to turn on and off properly. Because there are so many diodes connected, each individual one only needs a small amount of power (1/10 watt) to operate correctly, which means that LEDs use less energy than incandescent bulbs or fluorescent tubes. This makes them better for the environment because they require less energy consumption and produce fewer carbon emissions during their lifetime.
Benefits of LED Lighting
Commercial lighting refers to artificial lights in spaces such as parking lots and shopping malls. This type of lighting is usually installed by professionals who have the expertise needed to design and install the best possible system for your place of business. The benefits of commercial LED outdoor lighting include the following.
- Good for the Environment – No toxic materials – Unlike fluorescent lights containing mercury, LEDs don’t contain harmful chemicals or toxins! LEDs are more energy efficient than other types of lighting, and they emit very little heat when turned on, so they don’t contribute to global warming like other types of bulbs.
- It Emits Very Little Heat – LED lights produce very little heat, so they can be placed closer to walls and other surfaces without fear of damaging them. This also means less airflow is required to cool the area around the lights, which reduces air conditioning costs.
- LED Lights Last Longer – LEDs last ten times longer than incandescent bulbs and twice as long as fluorescent lights. Because they don’t burn out as often, they save you money on maintenance costs.
- Save Money – They use up to 80 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs and half as much energy as fluorescent. This means lower operating costs for you!
- Brighter Than Fluorescents – LEDs also have an extremely long lifespan compared to other types of bulbs. This means you won’t have to worry about replacing them for a very long time. In addition, they consume less energy than fluorescent bulbs, which reduces energy costs significantly over time!
- Require Little to No Maintenance – If you have a parking lot needing constant maintenance, consider installing new lights to reduce the time spent on maintenance. With LED lights, there are no bulbs to replace, and they don’t get hot, so there’s no need for regular maintenance like cleaning dirt and dust off the lenses. This saves money over time because there’s less work needed after installation.
- Durable – Commercial LED lights are made of sturdy materials that won’t break easily. They can survive if they experience an impact or fall from their location above ground level. They’re also resistant to corrosion and other damage caused by exposure to water or harsh weather conditions like rain and snow (depending on the manufacturer).
Consider Commercial LED Outdoor Lighting Now
LED outdoor lighting is an excellent choice for businesses that need to illuminate their outdoor spaces. The energy-efficient technology in LED lights means they use less electricity, reducing energy costs and helping the environment. This can be especially beneficial to businesses with a large outdoor area to light up at night.
Types of LED Outdoor Lighting
There are two main categories of outdoor LED lights: floodlights and spotlights. Floodlights are ideal for illuminating larger areas like driveways and walkways, while spotlights are better suited for spotlighting specific objects like trees or benches.
Floodlights are available in several shapes and sizes, including rectangular panels, round orbs, and cylindrical tubes. Spotlights come in three basic styles: polygonal, linear, or circular.
If you’re looking for exciting new ways to light up your home, consider commercial LED outdoor lighting from Georgia Lightscapes.
Call Georgia Lightscapes Today!
Georgia Lightscapes has put this commercial LED outdoor lighting information together for your benefit. Contact us if you have any questions or need any landscape lighting services. We are a professional outdoor lighting company ready to meet your commercial lighting needs.