Once you’ve finally got your outdoor living space up and running the way you want, it’s time to think about what it looks like at night. When you invest enough time and energy into new parts of your home, the last thing you want to be worried about is a lack of light. That’s why landscape lighting is the perfect solution to this issue.
Landscape lighting is the outdoor illumination of private gardens and public landscapes for multiple purposes like safety, nighttime aesthetics, accessibility, security and recreation. LED accent lights are some of the most commonly used for this. In this blog, we will discuss what LED lighting is and a few different examples of accent lights offered in order to inspire you for your own outdoor projects.
What are LED Accent Lights?
Everyone talks about LED lighting, but what exactly is it? A light-emitting diode is a semiconductor device that emits light when an electric current is passed through it. So essentially, a new and improved type of light.
LED lighting is available in a wide variety of home and industrial products, with the list growing every year! The rapid development of LED technology has resulted in increased product availability, and most importantly, lower overall energy prices. According to the US Department of Energy, LED lighting has several differences from other lighting types like incandescent or fluorescent:
- Lightsource: Since LEDs are the size of pepper flecks they can emit a range of wavelengths in different colors.
- Direction: LEDs emit light in specific directions and reduce the need for reflectors and diffusers that can trap light, making them more efficient for task lighting. Other types of lighting must be reflected, with more than half of the light never leaving the fixture.
- Heat: LED lights give off very little heat, and do not get hot to the touch. Both incandescent and fluorescent release up to 80% of their energy as heat.
- Lifetime: Perhaps one of the best features of LEDs is that they last much longer than other types of lighting. A high-quality bulb can last 3 to 5 times longer than a fluorescent bulb and 30 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
The Different Type of LED Accent Lights
LED Accent Lights are applied to highlight your favorite landscape architectural feature. They add ambiance, safety and security to your outdoor environmental spaces and pair well with string lighting. At Georgia Lightscapes we recommend a few different types of landscape accent lighting for your outdoor spaces.
- Up Lights are LED low voltage brass up lights that add directed illumination and chic style to your exterior spaces.This type of lighting is seen all over the Atlanta area. We finish this type of landscape lighting in a warm, matte bronze. It comes in a bullet-shaped LED outdoor light fixture that features a round, clear tempered glass lens. Usually, this accent light draws attention to your favorite tree, architectural feature or outdoor living area.
- Deck Lights are great for pools and outdoor living areas. They are contemporary additions to any deck, patio, porch, or pool area due to their sleek shape. The downlight design washes the deck walls below with warm white light, bringing a subtle illumination.
- Path Lights are a very common addition to residential homes. They can save you from tripping through a dark pathway or from fumbling to find the right key. Path lights use low-voltage LED to cast light and are finished in a warm, matte bronze color. They are often used to give clarification to gardens, stairs, and pathways as a great extra security measure.
- Permanent String Lights add ambiance and atmosphere while illuminating your outdoor spaces. This makes string lighting the perfect addition for your deck, gazebo, pool area, and porch! We install all types of string lights and they work perfectly as accent lights.
All of our packages include high-quality brass fixtures, LED bulbs, transformers, wiring, customized lighting design plans, and a warranty guarantee. Georgia Lightscapes works with you to design an outdoor lighting system that meets your budget needs.
Interested? Choose Georgia LightScapes for your Accent Lighting Needs!
Georgia Lightscapes is here to help you reach your illumination dreams. We are a start to finish electrical company. Our goal is to see your home and business beautifully illuminated with an outstanding lighting, long-term relationship. No matter what your project or goal is, our primary purpose is to make your project a pleasant and rewarding experience! Our professional staff works with you to achieve your landscape accent lighting ambitions. We have lit-up many homes throughout the Atlanta area and cannot wait to lend our extensive expertise to you.
Georgia Lightscapes is a premier commercial electrical lighting contractor for Atlanta, Georgia and the surrounding areas. We specialize in budget-saving projects, turnkey LED conversions, commercial electrical contracting, outdoor lighting systems, and so much more!
Have Questions? Click through our FAQs and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.