Outdoor lighting is just as important as outdoor security. Security will protect your home and keep you safe, while outdoor lighting can deter intruders in several ways. One such method is motion sensor lights, which alert you and deter unwanted guests. Other ways include light positioning indoors and outdoors, thus preventing anyone from trespassing onto your property. Still, another prevents unwelcome guests from approaching your home at all. If you wanna work with a professional outdoor lighting company like Georgia Lightscapes, give us a call. We have experience with many different homes and security needs.
The Importance Of Outdoor Security Lighting
Most burglaries occur during daylight hours when an intruder knows neighbors or passersby won’t see him. Even better, if there’s an open garage door or window, it’s easy to access for anyone looking to break in without being seen. Outdoor lights can help deter burglars by making it more difficult for them to hide. These lights help prevent them from hiding behind landscaping features that block natural light.
Trespassing is a common problem in many neighborhoods. People walk through yards and driveways without permission or care about their surroundings. Outdoor lighting helps deter this activity by providing an obvious visual deterrent to potential intruders.
Insurance Premium Reductions
Many insurance companies offer discounts for homeowners who install adequate outdoor lighting on their property. If purchasing home insurance, ask about this discount before committing to a policy. You could save money on your premiums over time with just a few simple changes to your outdoor lighting system.
Prevents Unwelcome Guests
Most people do not want strangers entering their home uninvited, whether during the day or night! Outdoor lighting is one of the best ways to keep unwanted guests away from your property. They will see you have taken precautions against them entering without permission, making them think twice before attempting to trespass on your land or enter your home illegally in some other way.
Lighting should be positioned where it will provide maximum benefit. For example, install lights on the sides of your house so they shine on the front yard and driveway. This will make it easier for visitors to find the front door at night and make your property more attractive.
- Stairs – A well-lit staircase makes it easy to see no one lurking in the shadows. This can be helpful when carrying groceries or other items at night.
- House Numbers – Make sure that house numbers are illuminated to be seen from a distance. This can help emergency responders know where they are going if they need to respond quickly to an emergency.
- Home Entryways – Give entryways plenty of light so guests can see where they’re going without tripping over anything or running into furniture or walls. It also makes it easy to see if intruders are lurking about before opening the door for someone who might not be who they say they are.
- Paths – Lighting paths leading up to the front door can be especially helpful when it comes to security as well as safety reasons. This helps ensure that people feel safe walking into your home at any time of day or night, regardless of whether they are a guest or not (or even if they are).
Types of Outdoor Lighting
Here are some of the most common types of outdoor lighting:
- Security Lighting – Security lighting is designed to illuminate areas where people may need extra visibility to feel safe. This type of lighting can help deter intruders and ensure that someone can see them as soon as they enter a property. Security lights should also be installed in areas where no other lights are around so that they don’t shine directly into someone’s eyes when trying to walk through them at night.
- Pathway Lighting – Pathway lights help people walk safely after dark by illuminating their path with light bulbs placed along a path or sidewalk. These lights are typically solar-powered and come in many styles, colors, and shapes.
- Decorative Lighting – Decorative lights are meant purely for decoration and do not provide any functional use whatsoever besides making your home look nice at night!
- Motion Sensors – Motion sensors detect movement in a specific area and activate lights when motion is detected. This type of lighting is ideal for unlit areas where it’s difficult to see at night, such as backyards or front porches. Motion sensors can also be used alongside other types of outdoor lighting systems to activate lights when someone comes into range but not necessarily when they walk by them. These systems are usually controlled by a handheld remote control or smartphone app.
- Spotlights – Spotlights provide bright light in a specific area. This makes them useful for illuminating dark areas around your house after dark or attracting attention to an object such as a driveway sign on your lawn. Spotlights can also be used to highlight objects that are attractive to thieves. Expensive cars or other valuables that may be outside.
Need Outdoor Security Lighting? Call Us Today!
At Georgia Lightscapes, we specialize in outdoor lighting enhanced landscapes. We have years of experience designing, installing, and servicing all lighting systems and features, including landscape lighting, solar landscape lighting, and sophisticated outdoor features. Our work is consistently complimented on our customers’ esthetic value and functionality. We can help with your outdoor lighting needs and save you money too! Contact us today for your outdoor lighting needs.